Since 1992, Mindspring Centre for Higher Learning has provided excellence in individualized academic instruction for children in grades one through twelve. Our experience has taught us that effective individualized programs, qualified and dedicated teachers, and a caring and supportive learning environment, can make a big difference. We are here to make that difference in your child’s learning, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to work with you and your child.
With nearly three decades of experience in education, as a teacher, consultant, and director, I know firsthand how incredibly empowering it is for children to receive that extra little bit of attention, support, and guidance. Mindspring was born in 1992 out of the desire to provide that “little bit extra” for young learners. For some, this entails tutoring in math, for others it means remedial teaching in reading, and yet for many, it might mean enrichment, mentoring, exam preparation, or essay writing.
Our mission is to:
- Address the individual needs of each student in a professional, caring and supportive environment.
- Encourage enthusiasm for learning, and promote the development of effective learning styles and strategies.
- Liaise with our education community, and benefit from the wealth of knowledge and experience that other educators and professionals in children’s lives can provide for us.
- Appreciate our partnership with parents and work closely with them for the benefit of “our” children.
- Our teachers and tutors are carefully selected and trained to effectively deliver the programs and services we provide.
- They have experience, knowledge, and the desire to make a real difference in children’s learning.
- They are familiar, and many have experience with the public and private school systems.
- They strive to instill a love for learning in the youngsters they serve.
- They work primarily in a one-to-one setting, but will deliver small group instruction, if this is arranged.
- They meet regularly with the Centre Director and teaching staff to review students’ progress, plan programs, and work as a supportive team.
Mindspring Centre is centrally located at 1650 Yonge Street (Suite 303), just north of St. Clair Avenue in Toronto. We have operated from this location since September 2000. This location has served our parents and students well due to numerous attributes:
- The Centre is a short walk to the St. Clair-Yonge subway station
- It is easily accessible by car and close to parking
- It offers parents a great drop-off area on Lawton Blvd.
- Steps from our door, you will find a public library, a parkette, many restaurants and coffee shops
- Great Forest Hill neighbourhood
- Clean, modern, air-conditioned building with comfortable tutorial rooms